Mmmmm…summertime. Summertime means popcicles, fireworks, float trips, and ice cream. I’m right, right? Well, I thought I’d try a little something different in my new ice cream maker, so when Skinnytaste posted this recipe for Lowfat Vanilla Bean Frozen Yogurt I was ALL over it!
I did change it a bit, since I couldn’t find fat-free greek yogurt in larger than a 2 cup size. So I basically just switched and used 2 cups of plain yogurt and 2 cups of greek yogurt. It was rather yogurty too, if that’s a word. Not like the froyo you get at your local frozen yogurt place. But, it was delicious. I might even have some tomorrow morning with fruit for breakfast. Indulgent? Why, yes…thank you very much. I ran tonight (albeit less than 2 miles, but I did it), so it’s okay, right?
Points + Value: 3 per 1/2 cup serving
- 1 1/2 c. plain whole-milk yogurt
- 2 1/2 c. plain fat-free greek yogurt
- 1 vanilla bean (I used vanilla extract)
- 1/2 sugar
- 3 Tbsp. honey
- fresh fruit to top
- Combine all ingredients together (whisk). If using a vanilla bean combine it and the sugar in a blender until fine, then combine with the rest of the ingredients.
- Pour into your ice cream maker.
- Freeze according to manufacturers instructions.
- ENJOY! 🙂
We had a dinner last night for my Mom’s birthday and the desserts were DE-licious! Homemade vanilla ice cream (made by yours truly), homemade frozen yogurt (guess who made that?), homemade dump cake (I know that sounds gross but it’s one of my favorite recipes…hmm…maybe I should share that recipe with you tomorrow!!), and some blackberry pie that was made by…well, someone. BBQ, homemade desserts, lotsa people, a couple hands of Nerts, good times were had by all.