Mmmmm….don’t let the name deceive you, this is delicious! I think it’s just called a dump cake because you literally just dump all the ingredients in your dish, bake it, and it’s done!
Points+ Value: 6
- 4 cups fresh blueberries (or frozen…and feel free to mix the fruit up, cherries sound yummy!)
- 1/2 sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 c. butter
- 1 package yellow cake mix (or lemon is tasty as well)
- Pour sugar and cinnamon in the bottom of your baking dish (I used a 9 x 13 glass dish), mix them around.
- Pour blueberries on top, spread them around.
- Dump cake mix on top, spread around so it’s evenish.
- Here’s where you can mix it up if you really wanna get crafty, I’ve done both. You can either melt your butter and pour it over the top or, this I tried for the first time tonight…you can slice your butter thinly and arrange it evenly over the top. I’ll let you know how mine turns out…it’s in the oven right now.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
*I did like slicing the butter thinly, but really, I don’t think I could mess this up if I tried. Both ways are fabulous.
**Also, just FYI, my mom’s often made this without the butter, just sprinkling lemon juice on top of the cake mix and it’s also fabulous that way – and quite a bit more Points+ friendly.
Alright, I’m off to North Carolina. Be jealous. 🙂